Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Cub Scouts Camp

Hello, and the first thing I'd like to say is that I'm sorry that I haven't been doing many posts recently. The reason for this is because last Friday, after school, I went to Cub Scouts camp.

My mom picked me up after school, and after that , we drove over to my friend Clarence's house. There I got changed into my Cub Scouts uniform and then after that, we went over to school to catch the bus to go to camp. I waved goodbye, and the bus started.

When we got to the campsite, the first thing we did was to go to our dorms.We then did our beds and then we unpacked. We then were sorted into groups and then we went off to do some activities. Our first stop was archery. I admit it: I'm terrible at using a bow, so I was pleasantly surprised when one of my arrows hit the target.

Next we went to cycling. We got on our (rented) bikes, and we all got helmets that didn't fit us. I was very comfortable on a bike, but the same can not be said for some of my group members. After that we went to the roller blade station. It turns out that I was the only one who knew how to do roller blading, and so everyone was falling over, so sadly, we didn't stay there long.

After that we had lunch and then we were sorted into different groups. Then we did more activities, and then we went back to our dorms, then we had a bit of a play, had dinner, and then we had a night hike.


The night hike wasn't hard, but there was a no-torch rule and of course, there were beams of light everywhere. At the end of the hike, it was like 9:45, and then we drank hot cocoa and had some snacks. After that, (Without showering! >:D), we went to bed.

 Compared to some of the others, I slept pretty well, and I woke up early in the morning. We got up, then we had breakfast. Then, for the rest of the day, we did fun activities in our groups.

After that, we went to an an amazing dinner with hot dogs and burgers, and after that, we went to the campfire. It was massive, and then we sang songs, and each troop had a different song. Our song was something like this (I did not make up the lyrics):

I have a baby bumblebee,
Won't my mommy be surprised at me,
I have a baby bumblebee. 

Oooh! Eee! The bee stung me!

I'm squashing up my baby bumblebee,
Won't my mommy be surprised at me,
I'm squashing up my baby bumblebee. 

Oooh! Eee! I'm all sticky! 

I'm licking up my baby bumblebee,
Won't my mommy be surprised at me,
I'm licking up my baby bumblebee. 

Oooh! Eee! The bee's in me!

I'm throwing up my baby bumblebee.
Won't my mommy be surprised at me,
I'm throwing up my baby bumblebee.

Oooh! Eee! There's my bee!

I'm digging up my baby bumblebee.
Won't my mommy be surprised at me,
I'm digging up my baby bumblebee.

Oooh! Eee! The bee's all gone.

We sang this in front of all the other scout troops. After the campfire, we went to drink some hot cocoa, and then we went back to our rooms, and then to bed.

On the third day, we did our last activity and then we ate lunch. After that we had some free time around the campsite. At the souvenir store, I found this glitched arcade game that gave extra prizes, so me and my friends pooled our money and took turns playing it, and kept the prizes for our families as souvenirs.

After that, we did a few more small things, and then we got on the bus to go home. Overall, I think this is probably going to be one of my best camps this academic year. 


Overall for this camp: 100/100.

I hope to do this next year!

1 comment:

Buckeroomama said...

The camp does sound like a lot of fun; I didn't realize that it was so activity-packed! So glad to know that you had a grand time. The not showering part? Hmmm...